Tuesday, March 29, 2016

And the Jury is Adjourned...


My father's first words tonight upon entering my house tonight was, "It smells so clean in here." You almost could catch me blushing. I did bust my ass to get this far. I earned that $150 dollars.

"It is going to stay this way as well," I told Papa. "I have been cleaning up behind myself all day."

Tonight's medication ritual is complete and the Mag Dawg has been fed (she was hungry and ate all her food tonight once I moved it into the computer room with me). It is time to settle down and get ready to hit the hay. Mom brought chicken fajitas tonight, but I think I will save them for tomorrow. My medications will take effect at 10:30 pm almost like clockwork.

Dad was asking me a lot of questions about how mom and I conceive money.

"It took me years to realize you had to work two or three days to pay for my birthday and I appreciate it now," I told my father.

"You didn't see it as making a living?" my father asked.

"Mom and I saw it as a necessary evil to keep up with the Joneses," I replied. "We never saw it as making a living."

image credit:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/10/08/the-new-100-bill-hits-the-streets-today-here-are-5-ways-to-tell-theyre-real/

No comments: