Monday, March 14, 2016

Free Range Charlies...

Flashback to 6 pm yesterday afternoon. I had just awoken and was pulling on my pants and buttoning them when Maggie went ape shit bananas in the den. I hurriedly put on some shoes and a shirt. It was Charlie with Sunday night fried chicken.

"I am running early," Charlie said to me as he stepped into the house.

"By all means," I told heir Charlie. "Come on inside. We welcome early here."

Charlie brought me the 3pc. original KFC meal. We then took my many medications. Charlie was then headed to my parent's house to deliver mom's chicken box to her. Sunday nights are always a whirlwind of a visit. Charlie had his own family to feed as well.

"Charlie's on his way," I told my mother giving her a status update.

Mom likes it when I do that.

"I didn't expect him for several more hours," mom told me.

"I know. He's early tonight."

KFC's chicken can best be described as bland despite the 11 herbs and spices. Maybe I need to try that new Nashville hot fried chicken they are advertising and talking about. I used to love their tender roast chicken sandwich but alas, they quit selling it.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

🐓 You better hurry its only for a limited time...🍗🍗🍗

Rita said...

I eat KFC, because it is one of the fast food places close to me. I haven't ordered original recipe in decades, but they serve it to me occasionally, and I don't realize that until I am home and settled in, and then, just eat it.

I think I have mentioned to you before that one of our KFC restaurants has spicy crispy fried chicken, and it is so much better than original recipe. But I have noticed that chicken does not taste all that good, no matter what. I have wondered about processing and what they are fed and inoculated with.

I recently did have the Nashville hot fried chicken. It was okay, but then again, I am not comparing it to original recipe. I do know people who only eat their chicken with lots of hot sauce. I don't, but maybe that helps.

There became the white meat/breast meat promotion a couple decades ago, and I joined in. I really got into a place where I did not like it at all. Crazy! I really prefer wings and drumsticks.