Monday, March 28, 2016

They Call Them "Smithfield"

I was over at my parent's house a moment ago getting my sodas for the day. Dad was busy in the kitchen trying to put some supper on the table.  He was making carrot salad which I am not too crazy about but I will eat it. He was also fixing what we call here as Smithfield pork chops. They are extremely smoky and taste more like ham than pork chops.

"I'll bring you a plate when I come tonight to give you your medications," my father told me.

I gladly accepted. Whom am I to pass up a decent Southern style meal? I played the Auschwitz Mantra card at an opportune moment.

I told my father to please help me remember mayonnaise and Mountain Dews tonight at the grocery store. I seem to have this mental block about both those items and always forget them. The Mountain Dews are my favorite item on grocery night and I still forget them.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

We have those pork chops up here,they are just called smoked pork chops..they do taste like ham...don't you make a grocery list to take with you,you wouldn't keep forgetting stuff If you do..

Beth said...

Can't you make a grocery list to take with you and put the Dews at the top? I keep a running list and add things as I run out of them. If I am really feeling organized, I re-write it according to my store's layout so I don't skip over something...but that is pretty rare. Just take a look over the list before you head for the checkout and that way you should get it all.

glittermom said...

That's what I do..I have a running list then when Time to go I put things in order to find them better...anytime I run out of something or think of something I want to make I write it on the list...I am a great list maker I have lists of all sorts of things..