Thursday, March 10, 2016

As the Bell Tolls for Andrew...

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/dont-let-your-kids-miss-doctors-appointments/
I have just awakened after sleeping all day. I was in the bed by 3 am ever cognizant of my injection in the morning at 9 am. It would give me about 5 hours of sleep before I would have to stir again and head to the pharmacy. I just looked at the clock as it read 5:50 pm and realized I forgot my Risperdal injection this morning. I just called my father and he forgot as well. I didn't wake once until 5:50 pm.

"I have the prescription filled," my father said dourly and shaken. "I will bring it home and call Rebecca in the morning."

"I need to be the one taking care of all of this," I told my father forcefully and it got off with him. "This is my healthcare we are talking about. It doesn't have to be this complicated."

"You would never get down there to get it injected dodo head!" my father exclaimed aggravated with me.

Grrrrr...

In a perfect world, my father would bring the injection to me the night before while we are doing my medication ritual. I would just drive down to Kamath Medical in the morning, get the injection, and drive home. Simple.

Oh well, we all bowl a gutter bowl sometimes as Horsefly will often say. It is mostly my fault for not setting my alarm clock and leaning on my father to call and wake me up at 8 am. He said he was running really late for work this morning and just forgot. A lesson learned and filed away in the lobes of my sometimes ailing brain.

Welcome, She Who Bears Fruit...

Mom just brought Mexican by tonight. Maggie had a fit to see her so she came inside for awhile.

"I about can't walk up your steps," mom told me with a laugh and then she told me how good it smells in my house.

"I got you chicken fajitas as that is what you like," she then told me.

"Thank you," I replied. "I am very hungry tonight."

"Let me see what you have done," mom asked. "Your daddy says you are really making some progress with your house."

I showed her all around the house -- basically, all the rooms I have cleaned.

I haven't gotten that much done so far today as I woke so late, but we have many hours ahead to get busy cleaning.

No comments: