Tuesday, March 22, 2016

We'll I'll Be Danged...

It was a sandwich-themed grocery trip tonight. I got all kinds of cold cuts and cheeses. You know? It is hard to find a good tasting package of cold cuts with all the chemicals they put in these meats these days. Many smell like sulfur when you open the package or just taste terrible.

I also got two loaves of my favorite bread made by Merita tonight. You'd be hard pressed to find a softer and more fresh sandwich bread. Buying sandwich fixins' left me plenty of money for breakfast foods. I got two packages of my favorite Black Label bacon, a pallet of jumbo eggs, butter, frozen biscuits, regular grits (instant grits are an abomination), cheddar cheese, etc.

"Don't forget your Mountain Dews," my father told me standing in the greeting card aisle as I passed him.

I thanked my father profusely. Those drinks are my favorite part of grocery night.

When I arrived home, Charlie had let himself in and was replacing all my incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent bulbs. All those light bulbs must've cost Charlie a fortune. Horsefly was furiously and unnervingly pacing the floor of my house. Of course, I got roped into helping. Charlie and mom are the only two people I trust with my house key. Until my ultimate dreamy woman comes along of course. She will get a key, too. The key to my home and to my heart.

No comments: