Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Magical Hour...

http://digital-photography-school.com/dawn-weekly-photography-challenge/
I used to talk about this more often when I was more in tune with nature after my bout with homelessness and living in the woods.

The Magical Hour is a time of the morning when all the birds begin their calls and all of nature's flora and fauna begin to awake and stir. This morning's Magical Hour cacophony is courtesy of all the neighborhood catbirds seeking mates.

When I was homeless, the Magical Hour also heralded the return of warmth and the sun after a cold night in a sleeping bag.

The Magical Hour is also a time for winding down for me.  I turn the air conditioning down and pull back the covers on my bed in anticipation.  Maggie jumps up on the bed and starts to get herself groomed for a day's sleep.

This morning is complicated as Charlie is bringing breakfast. By no means am I complaining. I am hungry this morning and I welcome a hearty breakfast. Charlie's been a godsend at times and has been as early as 8 am. Most mornings he is here between 9 and 10 am. I will eat and then retire for the day.

No comments: