Thursday, March 03, 2016

Almost Begrudging the Rain...

"Your daddy bought you some vanilla ice cream, cigars, and apple pie filling," mom told me over the phone a moment ago. "Do you want to come pick them up?"

"My windshield wipers have completely quit working," I told my mother of my almost 16-year-old car. "I can't come and get them in this rain."

"I will bring them over," mom replied. "Mrs. Sandra canceled tonight's Mexican meal. I am going to bring your Cokes as well."

"Bless you, mom," I said as we got off the phone.

Mere moments later, mom came pulling up in front of my house as Maggie squealed with glee. I got soaked running out to her car, but it was a small price to pay for ICE CREAM! lol

image credit: https://glutenfreeroundup.wordpress.com/tag/blue-bell/

2 comments:

glittermom said...

What happened to the Honda your parents gave you when your mom got her new car?

Andrew said...

We sold it to get up the money to fix some things around the house. Vinyl siding is axpensive.