Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Papa Was Pleased...


Well, my father was very pleased with my cleaning progress. Pleased as a peach. He stepped into the house and looked astounded.

"It smells so clean in here!" he said excitedly. "Not like a stinky dog and stale cigarette smoke. You can really clean when you set your mind to it. Always could."

I laughed wholeheartedly as Maggie tried to look innocent on the floor by us. We were sitting on the couch.

"I started on the kitchen tonight and will finish it tomorrow. All my groceries are put away and my stovetop is clean along with the countertops."

"I am so proud of you!" dad said as we turned our attention to taking my nightly crazy meds. "I am going to get you up some more cleaning supplies tomorrow. You need some of that Murphy's oil soap to mop your hardwood floors with. I also want to see that bathroom spotless in a few days."

image credit: http://rosehousecleaners.com/

Onto Somber Matters...

Today was the 44th anniversary of my grandfather's passing. Mom was eight months pregnant with me when he passed away. Dad said he so wanted to see me, his first grandchild, and held on until the very bitter end.