Friday, March 11, 2016

Let's Settle Down Now. Settle Down...


It is going on 4 am. I've just got my second wind with cleaning. I was just in the laundry room hanging up shirts when dearest Maggie poked her head in through the dog door. "Have things settled down some?" she seemed to be asking. I do believe Maggie was abused as a puppy as she is so sensitive to noise and lots of activity. This is her house as well and I think she feels amiss when things are moved around and cleaned. She hurriedly passed me and headed straight to the bed where I took that photo.

I think I am going to continue cleaning until time to go get my injection. I will only get 4 hours of sleep if I go to bed now.  Who knows, I may just have to collapse on the bed in another hour. We are just going to play it by ear.


It's a beautiful night and around 2 am earlier I stepped outside to the wonderful sound of crickets and nocturnal insects. They are back after a long winter. The temperature is 66° degrees here.

I took a much-deserved break and drove down to the Circle K on the corner and purchased one of my favorite drinks. Sobe Citrus. I saw one of the prettiest policewomen I have ever seen gassing up her patrol car. The clerk was hurriedly mopping the floor as I walked inside. I apologized for stepping on her wet floors.

"You can't help it, baby," the diminutive black lady replied nicely.

While I was there, I picked up a couple of those red-hot pickled sausages I so love. I got the Tijuana Mama which is 300% hotter than the regular sausages. My eyes are still watering.

No comments: