Saturday, March 05, 2016

There's Beauty in the Breakdown...

Laura and I chatted awhile on Facebook before midnight. They've got her back on Depakote because of wild mood swings on her previous medication. I told her that's what mom takes for her bipolar as well. Laura seemed to take some solace in that fact. Mom taught Laura in grade school. It was nice chatting with her and nice to know she is doing better mentally.

If I was truly crazy, I would throw caution to the wind, put on a little "court and spark", and woo her until she was my girlfriend. She would pressure me about moving in, though, and that is just something that wouldn't fly with my family.

A Cruise Fit for a Princess...

Princess Kathleen that is... Dad announced last night that he was going on a cruise with my sister and her family. Mom is staying home and it is my duty to care for her. It is going to be a Disney cruise to the Bahamas for my niece's birthday. That kind of jet-setting life is just too much for me. I wouldn't hold up long without Maggie and my computers and the quiet repose that is my little house.

The Midnight Wino Blues...

I've got kind of the after midnight lonesomes as I call them -- a feeling of being all alone in the whole wide world. This would be prime drinking time for me and I will admit I have thought of it tonight. I almost drove down to the Circle K to get a few bottles of cheap Thunderbird wine. I have some untraceable cash burning a hole in my wallet. I just don't think I have another sobering up left in me, though. I would probably go back out for good and end up dead shortly. Not to mention the ramifications within my family.

Most Likely Scenario: I would drink 2 or 3 bottles of wino wine and be good and drunk by daybreak. I would try to sleep it off, but would still reek of booze by 4 pm when dad is having me come take my medications.  There will be a steep repercussion and all spending freedoms and debit cards would be taken away. I would have to start all over again to rebuild my father's trust that took years to build up in the first place. Years ago, I would say to hell with the consequences and still get drunk.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Lots of AA meetings and chat rooms online, y'know. Nobody understands those "dark nights of the soul" better than another alcoholic.

Summer said...

Stay strong sweet pea!