Sunday, March 13, 2016

Yo! Bring Out the Dog Police...

Well, the natives have been very restless tonight. Maggie has barked outside for hours until she is almost hoarse. No amount of coaxing would bring her back inside. Food. Nothing.

I walked down the back steps and I guess Maggie thought I was going to join in on the fun as she redoubled her barking efforts. I picked her up with a slight whimper and a wiggle, brought her inside, and locked the dog door. She looked at me so indignantly as we stood in the laundry room. I think the neighborhood let out a collective sigh of relief. She's not going back out until Charlie brings breakfast biscuits in the morning. Let's hope her bladder and colon are up to the task. She has never once had an accident in the house and we don't want to start now.

Speaking of Charlie, he called me about 11 pm about Sunday morning biscuits.

"Polly (Charlie's sister) wants bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits in the morning," Charlie said. "Do you want sausage biscuits or bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits?"

"Get me the same as Polly," I replied hungrily.

The two McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits I had for breakfast Friday were absolutely delicious. They tasted very buttery and rich.

Watch Out! He's Got a Sponge!

Well, I tackled my bedroom tonight and this early morning. It looks so much better. I had just drawers and drawers of old computer software and computer hardware driver discs and they all went out to the trash. I then got busy cleaning my closet. I rediscovered clothes that I haven't seen in several years -- nice clothes at that. Next on the agenda was getting my comforter washed and dried along with my sheets. I just have finished sweeping and sat down in front of this computer for a break. I think that's it for me tonight as far as cleaning goes. Charlie will be here in about three or four hours.

A Few Hours Later...

The slightest bit of light is on the horizon and it is 6:40 am. That means my father is on the way to Atlanta to catch a plane to Tampa, Florida. I am now in Charlie's capable hands. One nice thing about Charlie doing the medication ritual is he brings you fast food and an ex-large drink every night. I can get spoiled really quick and feel deprived when my father takes back the helm. It is also going to be very interesting buying groceries with Charlie tomorrow night.



image credit: http://thisnthat.dutchblitz.net/mcdonalds-freebies-for-you/
image credit: http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/File:SpongeBob_SquarePants_Smiling_-_Artwork.png

No comments: