Thursday, March 03, 2016

Big Time...

It is big time pouring rain here. The cats and dogs would be envious. I wonder if this will up my father's arrival time? The pharmacy just closed and I am chomping at the bit for him to get here tonight. Ah yes, it is almost medication time! Do I seem too exuberant? I am guessing he will be here about 8:45 pm.

It always seems a train roars through downtown during inclement weather like this. I can hear the blare of a train horn going through downtown West Point as I write this. I cued dad into this phenomenon as well and he will say, "Well, I heard a train during that big thunderstorm we had last night." It also happens with police and ambulance sirens as well. I can hear some as I write this also.

I just warmed a bowl of apple pie filling/topping and then added two scoops of vanilla ice cream on top. It was as delicious as I thought it would be. The tartness of the apples and the creamy, sweet taste of the vanilla ice cream was a match made in heaven.

I did a no/no by eating so soon to medication time, though. I try not to eat so soon to them as it can make them slower to soak in. I want that big WHAM! feeling that hits me at the end of the hour as I wait for them to take effect. Then will follow a big mellow feeling of complacency and calm -- my mind is at rest for another day. I will complacently and contentedly play my video games before going to bed in the wee hours of the morning.

image credit: https://madteaparty.wordpress.com/2015/08/26/off-to-a-great-start-in-colorado/apple-pie-filling-and-ice-cream/

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Sounds like apple pie without the crust....to me the crust is the best part...you can buy Pillsbury pie crusts in the dairy dept...put the filling on it and roll it up to make little fruit pies.. Didnt you ius to eat the apple turnovers in the freezer dept...I thought I remembered you liking them...they are really good too..I havent had any for a long time..I think I'll put it on my list.

Andrew said...

Yes, Glittermom, I love those apple turnovers. I would buy them more often if they didn't take so long to bake.