Saturday, March 19, 2016

From the Bahamas Back to the Little Burg in Alabama...

http://the-bahamas.net/bahama-beach-club/
Dad said just two short days ago he was sitting on a white sandy beach in the Bahamas and now he is back in the little burg in the Valley.

"It is a rude awakening," my father told me a moment ago as I gathered my Cokes for the day. "No sooner than I had walked in the door your mother was telling me all that was wrong and what needed to be corrected."

"Well, she's been passing out cigars like candy to kids on Halloween," I replied.

Dad got a big laugh out of that.

"Johnny, Andrew needs some more cigars..." my mother most undoubtedly said when my father walked in the door.

We are all delighted he is home, though.  He's even back to cooking. Tonight, we are having chili dogs and french fries.

"I'll bring you a plate tonight when I bring your medications," my father told me as I was stepping out of the back door to head home.

I can't wait for my father to see the inside of my house even though he will probably lolly-gag around until 9 pm this evening until the medication ritual. I pray that Downton Abbey has run its course or does it come on the television Sunday night?

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Downton . Abbeys finished..