Monday, March 07, 2016

I've Loved a Few Hunks in My Time...

"You up, Chuck?" my father asked over his cell phone. "I am bringing your dinner plate over now."

I looked at the clock on my computer and it read midnight.

"I know you've got to be tired," I told him. "Is Charlie washing dishes?"

"You know he is," dad said with a laugh. "I tried to get him to go home to no avail. I can sleep in tomorrow morning. He has to work."

"Charlie's a good friend," I told my father.

The plate was delicious. I tasted everything. It was actually three plates. One plate had a hunk of prime rib on it with garlic and cheese mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans. The next plate was a very tender baked chicken in a mushroom and white wine sauce, sweetened baby carrots, and another heaping helping of garlic and cheese mashed potatoes. The last plate had a slice of chocolate cake, key lime pie, and pecan pie.

Kiddies? Remember! Dessert first!

Yes, I ate all of the dessert first and put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow. I have an almost insatiable sweet tooth.

image credit: http://secretlifeofachefswife.com/anthologie/main-dish/prime-rib-primer

Short and Simple...

Tonight, I am going to keep my grocery shopping short and simple. I am definitely getting more of that International Delight hazelnut coffee creamer to put in my milk. That is so delicious, but probably a 1000 calories. Speaking of milk, I will get 3 or 4 gallons.

It is going to be a breakfast food themed week. I never tire of scrambled eggs, bacon, cheddar slices, and buttered biscuits. Grits always make an impromptu appearance at times as well. I am really leaning towards sausage instead of bacon this week, but will probably get both.

We will have a repeat on the apple pie filling/topping and vanilla ice cream. I plan to get two of each.

No comments: