Wednesday, March 02, 2016

We Spoke Our Fears to the Captain (Johnny Otis)...


Wow! What a topsy-turvy day!  My mental illness has brought me from the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I took a Coreg a few hours ago and that seemed to bring me back to an even keel. It is commonly prescribed for high blood pressure but works wonders for anxiety as well. It helps relieve the tension and blood vessel constriction in your cardiovascular system. In essence, relaxing your whole body in turn as a very big benefit.

Dad was scheduled to bring my medications tonight around 9 pm. I called him an hour ago and said I am going to need them early tonight. He was very accommodating which led to a big sigh of relief on my part. I didn't want to have to squabble over to get them now or later.

"What about Maggie?" my father asked. "She'll miss my visit."

"I am just going to have to be careful and not say, Papa or daddy," I replied.

Mental illness is like a fickle wind sometimes -- blowing one direction to the next willy nilly. I wake up every morning not knowing where life and schizophrenia are going to take me. Thankfully, most days are pretty good in these later years of my recovery.  Sometimes you just bowl a gutter ball as Horsefly will very often say.

No comments: