Thursday, March 31, 2016

Milquetoast Morning...

Mom followed me to West Point Tire and Auto this morning to get my oil changed. I used to change it myself, but I am far too lazy these days and let West Point Tire and Auto do it. Mom asked me this morning why I always insist on synthetic oil. It is like buying insurance I told her in layman's terms.

"It has a much higher viscosity than regular conventional oil," I then told my mother to further satisfy her curiosity.

We then drove to AutoZone and ordered me a new motor for my windshield wipers. I've watched several videos on the internet and think I know how to do it myself now. I will just have to muster up some elbow grease and pull out my lucky wrench.

My neighbor had just been on a beer and lunch run when I arrived home. Ironies of all ironies, his name is George as well. He offered me a few beers, but I waved him off. I thanked him profusely, though, so as not to seem ungrateful.

"You've got people coming and going all the time to your house," George told me with his strong New England accent.

"It's just mainly my parents and my father's best friend," I replied to George.

"How old are you?" he then asked me.

"I will be 44 come this April 12th," I told him.

George grinned and said he had me beat by quite a few years.

It is going to be raining heavily here in the next hour so no driving for me. I noticed George had a case of Miller High Life. That used to be my favorite non-ice beer when I was drinking. You could get 18 Miller High Lifes for $8.99 down at Fat Albert's convenience store before Circle K bought it and closed it.


2 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Miller is indeed a nice brand for "chillaxing" as you mentioned in the later comment. I wish I had a drinking buddy now a days, but my one pal who qualified in that way ended up moving a few hours away. Now, when I get to drink, it is usually with my elderly father-in-law, but that Isn't too often. It is a shame though.

PipeTobacco

amelia said...

Just tell your neighbour, no thanks, I don't drink! No need to give him reasons.