Saturday, March 26, 2016

Johnny Otis Just Gave the Green Light to Go!


I woke up at 5:00 am this morning and was very disoriented. I called mom and dad and told my father to not forget my sodas when he arrives with medications. I was thinking it was still last night.

"Son?" he asked. "It is 5 am in the morning."

I apologized profusely when I realized the err of my ways.

"Oh, I hope I didn't wake up the grandkids!"

I then waited a few hours and called my father a moment ago and asked hin a very simple question.

"Will you let me use $100 of my inheritance money to give me $350 of computer part purchasing power?"

I about fainted when Mr. Tight Wad agreed. I guess it helped that he was still half asleep. "Could it really be that easy?" I was thinking to myself as we got off the phone.

The money for my birthday is coming from a variety of sources. $100 is what I get for my birthday every year. $150 dollars is for doing such a good job at getting my house in ship shape condition. Now, I have $100 more to spend and the little computer I am building is going to be awesome. Shopping for parts is almost as fun as buying them. I am just giddy with excitement!

In Other News...Birthdays Galore...

My mother turned 70 last Thursday. I got her a sweet card and a $20 gift card for Longhorn Steakhouse. I called mom to tell her happy birthday and she said, "I didn't even remember it was my birthday." I am very lucky that my parents don't act or feel their age. Mom's only problem is that she tuckers out after walking a short distance.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You are lucky to have your parents ,but they aren't really that old...