Saturday, March 19, 2016

A Warm Heart. A Comforted Mind...

Dad walked inside my house and the first thing he said was, "It smells so clean in here! It doesn't smell like wet dog and stale cigarette smoke!"

I had the subsequent whole house review and my father was just ecstatic about how clean and tidy things were. I got many accolades from him.

"It wasn't this clean when you moved in," my father told me excitably.

"I haven't seen that room in years," he also said of my computer room or junk room.

We took my medications and fed and watered Maggie. Dad was soon on his way back home. He waited until late to arrive and I was getting agitated and anxious about him seeing my house. I went to so much trouble cleaning that I hoped he was chomping at the bit to see it.

Dad also brought me a plate of two hot dogs with homemade chili and melted cheddar cheese on top and a veritable mound of french fries on a separate plate. All's well that ends well.

No comments: