Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Good Rib-Sticking Breakfast...

"You hungry girl?" I asked my very anxious companion, Maggie, with a grin as I put some scrambled cheese eggs and cheese grits in a paper bowl and placed then on the floor.

Maggie's tail was wagging wildly as she sat near the stove looking upwards.

I really can't get going unless I've had a good rib-sticking and delicious breakfast like this morning.  I also cooked buttery toast and some cheese grits. I hate to brag as I am usually a very modest fellow, but I've got cooking really good grits down to an art form.

"You ate that so fast I bet you didn't even get a chance to taste it," I told the Magster chuckling just mere moments after putting her bowl of food on the kitchen floor.

I sat at the kitchen table staring off into space as I ate my meal. I had a lot to think about today. I am definitely a space cadet this morning even though I had a very fitful bout of sleep last night.

My Carpe Diem is Kaput...
http://vgboxart.com/
I don't feel like doing anything except being a homebody today. I had it in my head that I was going to spend some time down at the tracks photographing trains, but that idea got axed as my motivator seems broken. I guess it is going to be a day of being a hermit, playing with my computers, and indulging in video games. I can sit happily in front of this computer for hours when I get in one of these kinds of moods.

Curious George...

George caught me as I was walking to my car this morning.

"Your hood is up a lot lately," he told me. "Are you having car problems?"

"I just got my engine cleaned and I like to look at it and admire my handiwork," I replied to George.

A big grin formed on George's face.

George had asked me the other day how to go about cleaning engines. I told him to get a can of degreaser at AutoZone and to spray it on, let it sit, and then wash it off.

No comments: