Thursday, May 05, 2016

A New Lease on Sanity I Hope...

http://drugreporter.com/risperdal/
This morning was my injection of Risperdal Consta. I love how Dee Dee and the gang move me quickly through the process. I have developed a rapport with all the ladies at Kamath Medical. Today, Dr. Kamath was seeing patients and the lobby was a madhouse of sick people waiting and coughing up germs. It was like a mucus convention. Ugh! Double Ugh!

Moments after I sat my tush down, Rebecca called me back to an examining room. A big grin formed on my face and I hurriedly followed her.

"We were here way before him," a middle-aged black lady sitting nearby protested within earshot.

"How are the girls?" I asked my nurse Rebecca of her two children.

"My littlest one is too small for softball, but my oldest just loves it," Rebecca replied. "My littlest one loves Legos."

Sandra, a very long time pharmacy tech. at the pharmacy, asked me why I don't just take the Risperdal tablets. Dad was standing behind the pharmacy counter and I pointed at him as the culprit.

"It is his insurance I always have a steady stream of Risperdal being released into my blood," I told Sandra. "Personally, I would rather take the pills daily and forego this whole rigamarole every two weeks."

I handed my father my next appointment card, grabbed my two customary 20oz Coca-Colas, and got on Hwy 29 to head home.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I think the pills would be a better idea if you could count on your father to give them to you about the same time each day....his medication time schedule is a lot to be desirable..very random....

Summer said...

Taking your medication daily would keep a constant level in your system. The injection gives you a high dose and then wanes as the days go by. I know your dad knows this, just not sure why he wouldn't agree. Tell me to MYOB.