Sunday, May 01, 2016

Yay! It's Charlie!

Is it just me in that all of these SUVs look the same?
Maggie heard Charlie pull up in front of my house before I even realized he was here. I was surfing the web on my computer at the kitchen table when she put up a fuss.

I walked to the front door and Charlie was in his Caprica and talking to someone on his cellphone. Maggie couldn't understand why he was sitting there and not coming inside. She barked and whined with much protest.

I didn't ask for Wendy's, but I got a double with cheese and ex-large fries and drink. I am sure that was my mother's doings. The burger was actually good tonight. The last double with cheese I got was so salty you couldn't eat it.

"I just can't eat that Kentucky Fried," mom had said earlier on the phone. "That chicken just isn't good to me. It tastes bland."

Charlie was all business tonight. He didn't even come inside. He handed me my food and told me good night. That was the extent of our visit. He had other food to deliver before it all got cold and he was doing it without my father's help.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I totally get your mom not liking KFC if it the original recipe. It is so blah! We have one KFC locally that sells spicy and crispy chicken. It is SO much better. I would think that in the south, they would offer that option. Actually, I think all of them should make that an option. It is so popular at the KFC I frequent, that sometimes I have to wait for it.

Ever have Popeye's Louisiana chicken? We have those. They are a fast food restaurant. Some times they have great sales, such as a 2 piece chicken only for $1.99 or less, on Tuesdays. They also do a $5.00 special with a choice of 2 pieces of chicken, (or 3 strips), a biscuit, and 2 sides. They have a spicy option as well. They also have catfish and shrimp.