Friday, May 13, 2016

It Was Time for a Polar Pop...

As the time ticks towards my father's arrival, I found myself standing in line at the corner Circle K. Boy, was it busy tonight. Everybody in the Valley was buying gas, beer, cigarettes, and snacks this evening.

I had scraped up some change and a few dollars and was buying two 32oz polar pop drinks and three Big Mama hot pickled sausages. I hurried through this process as I was afraid I would miss dad's late evening arrival for the medication ritual.

Sometimes, I have a little trouble with moderation and promptly ate two sausages when I got home. I am an all or nothing kind of guy and it is my Achilles Heel. My mouth was on fire as a consequence. They are an acquired taste, but I love them. I was taunting the old heartburn monster that these kinds of foods can induce. Especially, the Sobe citrus drinks of which I got two without ice. One went in the fridge to be consumed when I take my medications. Those drinks are such a treat.

I had almost forgotten that my parents are eating out tonight with friends -- an older couple they've become acquainted with. It might be 10pm before my father arrives and I am not being pessimistic. I feel like I am in the army -- hurry up and wait. Miracles could happen tonight if they bring me a to-go meal.

No comments: