Monday, May 09, 2016

Engaged to a Sun Maid...

http://scribblinggourmet.com/
As the cute and demure looking black lady was ringing us up by grabbing items off the conveyor belt, my father turned to me and told me I managed to do all my shopping in under 20 minutes. It was a new record.

Let's hope this week's groceries will last me to next Monday. We spent $71 dollars tonight and the only reason it was over $70 is that my father insistently added name brand raisin bread to my cart. He hoped I would like it with my peanut butter that was already in the cart. It certainly will make a delicious snack or quick breakfast.

Another great expense this week was that our Kroger was out of their brand of frosted flakes (our Kroger is always out of something you need) and I had to get the Kellogg's brand with Tony the Tiger on the box. I got 3 boxes at $3.99 each.

Solo We Go!

My father said tonight that he is soon going to hand the reigns to me as far as shopping goes.

"Just bring me the receipt and no funny business," he said with a goodhearted smirk.

Being the crazy old coot I am, I'm going to miss him going along with me. Grocery buying was a great father and son bonding moment for us both.

No comments: