Tuesday, May 24, 2016

It Warms My Heart...

http://www.fooducate.com/
"You hungry?" I asked my Maggie as I put some scrambled eggs into a paper bowl.

Maggie's tail was wagging wildly as I smiled broadly. I also put two slices of very crispy bacon (the hallmark of Black Label bacon) in the bowl as well.

We had scrambled eggs, Black Label bacon, and White Lily frozen biscuits this morning for breakfast. It was such a good feeling to have food in the house again. A good feeling indeed!

I got several canisters of Kroger brand "Crystal Light" last night and it isn't half bad, but it sure was expensive. I also got 4 gallons of milk and two big bags of Kroger brand frosted flakes. My "sweets" this week were four slices of Edwards lemon meringue pie. I will have to be judicious and make them last all week.

My impulse buy was a $2.99 can of Kroger "salt and pepper" peanuts and they were absolutely terrible. I like spicy foods, but these were even too peppery for me.

Mom called me this morning and asked me if I got enough cereal. I got two bags where I normally get three. She stopped by on her way home from the hairdresser today to give some more money for frosted flakes so I wouldn't have to debit it later in the week.

I tell ya it's like feast or famine around this house every week. Tonight, mom is bringing me chicken fajitas for supper from El Rio Grande.


2 comments:

glittermom said...

I like the kettle cooked salt and pepper chips..

Summer said...

You know yourself and your father best, but, after looking at your refrigerator, do you think you could talk your father into letting you stock up your frig and pantry? Keep things on hand in case you didn't buy enough on Mondays?