Friday, May 20, 2016

Trouble in Paradise...

http://blogs.lawyers.com/
Mom was talking to me yesterday about how she can barely walk or bend over anymore. She called me like seven times (I'm not jesting) yesterday just wanting to talk about various issues in her life. Dad calls me my mother's analyst. As soon as I would get situated in front of my computer room computer then she would call again. She would let my phone ring once and then I would call her back.

"You have to keep in mind that you are 70 years old now," I told my mother matter-of-factly.

"Your father just callously says I need to lose weight and then I would be fine."

"Why don't you get your doctor, Dr. Bakshi, to sign you up for rehabilitation?" I said to mom.

Mom called me back very excitedly after thinking about it for a few hours and said she was going to start rehabilitation.

"It can't hurt to try," I told my mother. "I will drive you down to the hospital on days you need to go."

If dad gets a whiff that I encouraged my mother to try rehabilitation then I am in deep doo doo. He tells me to never encourage my mother in issues such as this. I am praying mom will not blurt it out to my father.


3 comments:

glittermom said...

Don't you mean physical therapy? I don't think she needs rehabilitated...

Rita said...

Since your mom just had cataract surgery, isn't she not supposed to bend over for a while? As people get older, they tend to move less and get less exercise. I sure don't know if you have a gym in your town, but going to the gym on a regular basis is good for everyone!

glittermom said...

She does spend a lot of time in bed,she needs to move more..start with short walks...