Tuesday, May 10, 2016

We're at the Crest and Downhill We Go!

Look what I scored today! They had a few "as is" performance mx "scratch and dent" mice and we only had to pay $49.99. They normally sell for $99 bucks. Mine needed a new rechargeable battery and I remedied that easily with an Energizer rechargeable I had on hand and it recharges just fine plugged into a USB port on the back of my computer.

Mom was thrilled to get her books this morning as well. She truly was like a kid at Christmas experiencing great joy at the new editions to her library. She was eager to start a new book tonight before bed.

"The book got glowing reviews!" she told me as she coveted it in her hands.

We grabbed some chocolate shakes at Sonic and headed back home. I detoured from the norm and also ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese toaster sandwich.

Now, it is the long wait for Papa to get here. I was glad to see Maggie stirring a moment ago as she has slept all day.  Hopefully, she will give my father a jubilant welcome home instead of just a half-assed bark and a yawn when he arrives.

*************
9:20pm

Despite my deepest fears which were unfounded, Maggie gave my father much regalia to fit any grand or royal entrance. She's the princess of Maratouse and Mauritania after all. She was looking out the windows as my father pulled up in his Honda and she yelped for sheer joy and rushed to the door. Gosh, I love that dog and she loves me back unconditionally. The Maggins sure loves Papa, Nana, and Charlie, too!

No comments: