Monday, May 23, 2016

Careful Where You Tread Andrew...

http://triadstrategies.typepad.com/
I called my father around lunch for him to put my Cokes out on the porch. I had gone back to bed and woke up this afternoon.

"I'll be over in about five minutes," I told my father and we got off the phone.

The bridge to mom and dad's house is still out since Christmas and I have to drive through downtown past the police station to reach my parent's house. This always reminds me to buckle up.

Dad had the back door open signifying mom and him were receiving visitors. I casually asked my father if we could take my medications sometime this afternoon as I am feeling shaky. He said that would be fine. I have to be careful when I do this or I might get my feelings hurt. We didn't set a certain time, though, and it is worrying the crap outta me. I've am a lot like my mother on these regards and we deal in absolutes, not nebulous promises. I love my father, but he can be so hard on me at times -- always thinking the worst things about my motivations. I just simply want to feel better and will after taking my medications.

Grocery Day Ruminations...

https://ideasmelimelo.wordpress.com
I've learned to be careful what I tell my mother. It gets back to my father and what he says gets back to me as well. My father made the comment to my mother that he didn't understand how I can drink 4 gallons of milk a week. I think I might just get Milo's sweet tea tonight.

It is going to be a status quo kind of grocery shopping night. No surprises. We will round out tonight's shopping with a lot of Asian themed frozen meals. I am also going to try some of those powdered drink mixes like Crystal Light. I normally drink gallons of water every week, but the water is getting old and it needs some oomph.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

That is an extreme amount of milk...I use about 1/2 gallon and it will last usually 2 weeks. I don't drink a lot of milk,just a small glass with dinner and if I eat cereal,which isn't that often.. I make a lot of smoothies and I use banana milk in that with strawberrys and vanilla yogurt.

Rita said...

I think your dad should be very happy that you are not drinking that amount of beer!