Wednesday, May 04, 2016

No Rest For the Weary...

https://www.pinterest.com
I woke up this morning at 6:30am due to very intense pain in my left shoulder and arm. Dr. Martin, my orthopedic surgeon, had warned me of this. He said I was going to develop severe arthritis in that arm as I grew older. I think I slept on it wrong, though, for the most part. I thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room for a moment there. It was an excruciating and throbbing pain to say the least.

The story of my broken arm and shoulder is for a blog post some other day. Needless to say, it involved alcohol and a motorcycle many years ago when I was still drinking heavily. It was my deathwish, but my time to go hadn't arrived yet.

A few Aleve later and I am feeling much better now. I managed to eek out a decent breakfast for the Magster and I. We had some poached eggs on buttered toast and some cheddar cheese grated on top. I am also drinking this week's allotted amount of sweet milk like crazy. I knew I should have bought four gallons instead of two. It was a cost-cutting measure. Wednesday is my father's grocery shopping day and I have already put in a request for a gallon of milk via The Secretary. She won't let my father forget it. You can rest assured.

No comments: