Monday, May 30, 2016

You Can't Stop a Train...

Mom had called Books-A-Million the day before and they said they would be open Memorial Day.

"My books are here!" she excitedly told me in a call confirming all the details.

She then called Sonic in Auburn to make sure they were open as well. We shall leave no stones unturned.

Off to Auburn, we went at 9:30am (8:30am Auburn time) this morning to go buy books. Mom bought $190 dollars worth of books and we then ate at Sonic. I got my large chocolate shake and my Sonic bacon toaster sandwich. Mom lauded her sandwich saying how good it was. I agreed it was pretty tasty.

"That's better than a Hardee's steak biscuit!" mom exclaimed with much sacrilege.

We all know a Hardee's steak biscuit can't be beat.

Well, when I arrived back home, I curled up with the Magster on the computer room bed and we fell asleep for hours. Driving to the bookstore is hard work. LOL

Charlie said he would be by here around 5pm in a phone call. He is bringing me a grilled rib-eye steak, baked potato, and salad, and it is making me anxious. That steak is going to be so good and I hope Charlie brings scraps for Maggie as he will often do.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Yum!

Lena said...

We no longer have Hardees up here in CT. I used to love them. Hurry on down to Hardees where the burgers are charcoal broiled. Yum, the best.