Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hot As Hades...

https://www.hy-vee.com
I stepped out of the house 45 minutes ago and I heard a familiar, "Hey Bud!" It was George on his carport sitting outside in this oppressively stifling heat.

"Aren't you hot?" I asked George after the initial pleasantries.

I was standing by my car fixing to roll out. It was 95 degrees outside today.

"I love this kind of weather!" he quipped with a Cheshire grin.

"Where are you going?" George then nosily asked.

"I am driving over to my parent's house and get my daily sodas," I told George.

This intrigues him.

"When you come back then maybe we can have a cold beer," George replied.

I saw him pull open his cooler and he pulled out another Miller High Life cracking it open with that distinctive sound only a beer can makes.

I was also heading to Fred's Super Dollar to gather up some snacks to eat in this house. My mother was funding this venture. We are about out of anything edible in Andrew's Casa. I was craving salted cashews and expensive Cheez-Its.

"I don't drink beer," I told George for the 5th time, "But I will have a cold Coca-Cola in just a few moments."

No comments: