Saturday, May 28, 2016

Can I Have Breakfast in Bed?

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/
"Charlie's coming in the morning," I passingly told my Maggins after my father had left for the evening.

Maggie looked longingly out the den window as my father sped off towards home into the dark of the night.

We finished the medication ritual and dad brought me a big plate of spaghetti and meat sauce, buttered and toasted barbecue bread, and a salad with ranch dressing. I was chomping at the bit to eat my meal.

Dad then got to watching an old Seinfeld rerun and it delayed matters. I've never watched the original run of Seinfeld and had to admit it was pretty funny. My favorite macabre show is The First 48 on A and E.

Have I ever told you my father is a television addict? The TV is turned on as soon as he enters the house. His favorite show at the moment is Foyle's War. He was also a big Downton Abbey junkie. See the British trend going on here?

Maggie took my Charlie comment literally and ran to the couch and den window to watch out for Charlie's arrival.

"You're in for a long wait, doll, if you think he is coming tonight," I told my dearest Mrs. Maggins.

She will soon amble back to the bed after I turn off all the lights for the evening.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I loved the Seinfeld,i can watch reruns all the time..I also like first 48hrs on A&E.. Do you get the ID channel, (Investigation Discovery) ..it's all about true crimes,murder,etc...