Sunday, May 22, 2016

Excessive Baggage...

http://tvtropes.org/
Most fried chicken Sundays I get everyone's drinks. Tonight was no exception. Charlie had four large cokes for me. It was a windfall to be sure. I laughed at the gluttony and completely wanton excess I was about to enjoy.

"You should be a happy camper tonight," my father said loudly as he and Charlie walked across my front yard. "You've got four Cokes to drink tonight."

Yes, I was a very happy camper. Such surprises are the zest of life.

"And you know I will drink every one of them," I bantered back at my father with a smile.

In my box of KFC chicken was a wing piece (deboned for Maggie), 2 breast portions, a buttery biscuit, cole slaw, and mashed potatoes and gravy.

I know I have bitched very vocally in the past about bland KFC chicken, but I am learning you can doctor it up some and make it taste better. Tonight's chicken will be eaten with liberal dollops of spicy Louisiana-style hot sauce. It is also delicious dipped in Kikkoman soy sauce (if rather salty).

No comments: