Monday, May 02, 2016

Simplicity is the Key...

http://environment.utk.edu/

http://www.examiner.com/
Simplicity is my motto for the forthcoming week. I am very glad and appreciative tonight is grocery night. There is not much to eat in this house. Mom keeps me in a supply of beefaroni for days like today. She gets my father to buy some every Wednesday night until we are stocked up.  Dad gave me two microwave beefaroni bowls before I left their house this morning. I've learned to cook it 3 times longer than it says on the label and it will turn out pretty delicious. It is great eaten with some loaf bread or with some stinky cheese (parmesan) added.

I am going to keep my grocery shopping simple this week and just get the bare necessities. Breakfast foods, cereal, milk, and frozen meals will round out this week's menu. We might even give Mrs. Marie Calendar a visit tonight. Her lasagna isn't half bad. I better not forget my two addictive Mountain Dew sodas tonight as well.

Early in the morning, I have to take my mother to Books-A-Million in Auburn to pick up an order of books. Mom said she ordered over two hundred dollars worth. I told her we need to keep things simple. We will just grab a couple of large chocolate milkshakes at Sonic before we get on the interstate and head home. I am shying away from anything as elaborate as eating out.

1 comment:

Summer said...

What does your mother do with all the books that she reads? Does she donate them? Would she like a kindle?