Saturday, May 28, 2016

Note to Self -- Unplug Phone...

https://www.tumblr.com
Maggie and I were in the bed sound asleep when the phone rang abruptly this morning.  I stumbled into the computer room to answer it as I feared something must be bad wrong or out of kilter. The phone rang once signalling it was my mother. I quickly called her back.

"Is it Saturday or Sunday?" my mother asked me through a Xanax haze.

"Mom? Do you know what time it is?" I asked with the kindest voice I could muster.

"6pm in the afternoon," she said completely unaware of what she had just done.

"It's 6am in the morning," I replied miffed. "It is still dark and growing light outside."

The twilight must have throw her off. This is not unusual at all. Mom will often call me to ask what day it is or what time it is.

Mom apologized profusely and by some miracle of the gods I managed to go back to sleep and the Magster and I slept until 10am.

Starting to Look Like a Computer Room Around Here...


2 comments:

Rita said...

I am not into drugs--prescription or otherwise, not into alcohol.

I just wondered how your mom got into using Xanax? I don't know what it is prescribed for. But I just did a google search and these are the symptoms that someone who uses it has: Side effects of Xanax (alprazolam) include drowsiness, dizziness, insomnia, memory problems, poor balance or coordination, slurred speech, trouble concentrating, and irritability. Other, less common, side effects can include diarrhea, sweating, headache, nausea, blurred vision, and appetite changes.

glittermom said...

Her husband is a pharmacist so I sure he knows the side effects.