Sunday, May 15, 2016

Oh dear lord! He Insinuated a Late Visit...

http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/
I drove over to get my diet Cokes for the day.  I had called my father and told him I was on my way. I was miffed when I couldn't get anybody to the door. I soon found out that dad was sitting on the side porch talking on his cellphone. Mom was sound asleep in the bed.

"Dad!" I hollered as I walked around the side of the house after knocking numerous times and ringing the doorbell.

I could hear my father talking.

I had left my keyring with their house key at home as well which would have really simplified matters.

Dad met me in the kitchen with my Cokes and a canister of chicken salad with a Ziploc bag full of Ritz crackers.

"That chicken salad was delicious," I told him after I arrived home and had eaten. "Did you make it? Maggie sure agrees with me!"

"I bought it at the new deli downtown," my father replied. "I will have to get you some more."

"That tasted just like your homemade chicken salad," I told him. "Well, I will see you and Charlie tonight."

"It is going to be awhile," my father warned me.

Well, that sounded foreboding and ominous. I didn't dare ask how long, though. It can't be that long, though, as Horsefly will get in a stir.

***************

http://yunbootcamps.com/
Charlie arrived this morning about 9:30am. I was laying in the bed when Maggie started whining and jumped off the bed to fly into the den. I slept in the front bedroom last night and could see Charlie's car pulled up to the curb. I hurriedly pulled on some shorts and met him at my front door just as he was beginning to knock. Charlie made another joke about his hair and then hurried along to take care of all his other deliveries. Charlie is a true blessing.

No comments: