Monday, May 02, 2016

Johnny Otis Does Breakfast...

http://fastandcheapandeasy.blogspot.com/
"You're up!" my father exclaimed with a laugh after I called him back.

The phone rang three times so it could only be him.

"Have you had any breakfast?" he asked.

"I've had some chow mein noodles in soy sauce," I replied.

My father laughed.

"Yes, it is grocery day, isn't it, son?"

"Down and out in West Point," I told him solemnly.

"Come over and get you some sausage biscuits and I am going to scramble you a few eggs as well," my father told me. "Do you want to take your medications?"

"Still too early for medications," I replied, wanting to take them so badly, but I fought off the urge.

I was thinking they might put me back in the bed. 3mg of Klonopin has a way of doing that.

"We'll take them tonight before we head to the grocery store," my father told me.

I told my father all about my Maggie and the dew claw experience. I was also wondering why he was being so nice to me.

"Maggie's a high maintenance dog," he said. "It is not your fault. You, of all people, would never want her to hurt."

"I am headed that way," I told my father excitedly. "I am famished for a good breakfast."

I wasn't disappointed. You all know how I love breakfast foods. The sausage biscuits were stupendous and dad put some cheddar cheese in the scrambled eggs. Home cooked and fried sausage patties are like 10X better than McDonald's microwaved sausage patties.

No comments: