Monday, May 16, 2016

Just Do It!

https://thisthatandtheotherthang.wordpress.com
I had one left over fried chicken breast to last me until tonight and grocery time. I determinedly drove to the Piggly Wiggly to get some cereal and milk. I have learned to just buy it and worry about the repercussions later. It is my money after all and I was very hungry. I am tired of being a pussy about all that and my overbearing father,

Well, I got a gallon of whole milk and a large box of Kellogg's frosted flakes. I walked up front to check out and there was not a clerk in sight. I must've waited at least ten minutes until I heard a very young female voice say, "Honey? You ready to check out?"

"Yes ma'am," I replied with my Southern etiquette.

A cute looking little post high school brunette with stylish glasses rung me up and I was on my way.

"Sorry for making you wait," the girl said as I was leaving.

I just smiled and left the store. I was never good at conflict and derision. I got home and had a bowl of cereal while Maggie watched me eat it. It was one of the best bowls of frosted flakes I have ever eaten. I love that the milk gets sweet and then you can slurp it out of the bowl.

Grocery Day Ruminations...

I am craving Cheez-Its today. A big family sized box costs over $6 dollars, but I think I am going to ahead, spend the money, and get one tonight.  You know I will have to get my breakfast foods. I will also get cereal and milk which is my obsession at the moment. The Kroger brand frosted flakes taste sweeter than the Kellogg's version which is interesting to me. Kroger also has 10 cans of Chef Boyardee on sale for $10. I think I will pick up 10 cans of spaghetti and meatballs tonight to help stretch my budget a little farther.

No comments: