Monday, May 02, 2016

The Kitchen Computer and I Have Come to a Truce...

Demon Spawn From Hell
That damned computer in the kitchen has about driven me crazy. It kicked my obsessive compulsiveness up to the nth degree trying to troubleshoot and get it to play nice. I consider myself somewhat computer and hardware savvy being A+ certified to repair PCs so this is so disappointing to me. I feel inadequate to say the least.

The DRAM voltage is now stable and recognized as 1.65500 volts. I also managed to get the ram up to 2200Mhz stable even though the two sticks are rated at 2400MHz and should be running faster. Trying to run the RAM at 2400Mhz will result in an endless boot cycle. The loss of that extra 200MHz is bugging the everlasting hell out of me.

***********

I just have gotten back from George's house. I walked over with my old 1st generation iPad to see if George could still get online using my wireless internet connection quite a few feet away. Earlier today, I put all kinds of links on the desktop that I thought George would enjoy like Wikipedia, the forecast, weather radar and such. The final thing to do was give George the iPad and he was extremely appreciative and seemed willing to learn how to use it. He was rather excited in retrospect. I bet an iPad would go good with a six pack of beer. 

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Next youll have a computer in the bathroom! 🚽

Andrew said...

LOL Then I can give up my bathroom magazine collection!

Jan said...

You two are so funny!