Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Blown About on the Winds of Chance...

Will my father bring my medications by on my parent's drive back from Auburn and the eye doctor? Only time will tell. My very altruistic mother would bring me lunch as well and an extra few pills to take. A part of me says wait until tonight, but the reckless side of me wants them now. I only want to feel better, but there is a steep price to pay either way. I sleep so much better when I take them at night, but the withdrawal can be acute come late afternoon like I fear will happen today.

George and His Lady Friend...

George has this cute, older lady staying with him at the moment. He has been a very busy soul staying on the road in his car going various places. I think they just left to go out to eat.

To be honest, I don't know if she is George's daughter, ex-wife, or a girlfriend. I just know this visitor has kept him busier lately than the whole previous year beforehand.

I was just outside cleaning my Honda's engine and George scared me by saying "Hello, Bud!" I turned quickly to see George standing nearby.

"Hey George," I said gleefully, glad to see him.

"I didn't know you could wash your engine like that," he said to me.

"You're supposed to waterproof your distributor cap before starting, but I don't go to all that trouble," I replied. "I am gambling with the chance that water doesn't get past the seal."

Later, I will go outside after all the water has dried up and spray it with Armor-All to make it look almost new and shiny.

No comments: