Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Lord Have Mercy On My Soul...

http://www.publishersweekly.com/

http://www.technofare.com/
Mom called me last night just as I was preparing to go to bed. Maggie was already curled up in her spot on the covers as it was rather chilly in the house -- a perfect sleeping temperature. I was blow drying my hair after my nightly shower and almost didn't hear the phone ring. It rang once and that could only be my mother. I called her right back.

"Can we go to the bookstore in the morning?" mom asked me very sheepishly. "Nine of my books have arrived."

"Let's leave about 9:30am," I told her. "I will be glad to take you."

Mom profusely thanked me for going on such a short notice. I made aspersions to obtaining a new keyboard and mouse combo (more hoarding) from Best Buy next door to Books-A-Million. It is the Mecca for technology obsessed techies like me. Half of all the keyboards and mice I have were funded by my mother on similar trips. I would really like another Logitech Performance MX mouse (pictured), but they are $100.

"We'll see," my mother replied with much apprehension in her voice. "I'm already spending $250 dollars on books."

I didn't grovel or beg. We are also planning on getting chocolate shakes for our drive back to the Valley.

No comments: