Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Bookstore or Bust...

http://www.solomonbuilders.com/
I made a beeline for Books-A-Million and Auburn after mom picked me up. It is about a 30-minute drive depending on traffic. Of course, they were doing construction work on the interstate half way there that slowed us down considerably. The traffic crawled at a snail's pace for about 15 minutes until the left lane opened up again. Then we were off to the races like greyhounds out of the gate.

Mom went inside to get her books. I also love to go inside and look at all the gadgets they have like expensive headphones and writable media for DVD players and such. I am still looking for those elusive 24X speed recordable DVDs and have been for years.

"What do you mean you have only one book of my order?" mom said loudly with an alarmed tone to her voice. "We just drove 30 miles to get here."

That was my cue to walk over and get involved.

"It's no problem," I assured my mother. "I will drive us back down here when the other books come in."

Mom was under the assumption that the whole delivery had arrived.

If you don't already know, I hoard computer mice and keyboards. I have a fetish for computer peripherals. I was tempted to drive next door to Best Buy, but I knew my father would flip his lid if I bought any more computer parts. He says I am obsessed and rightly so. I asked mom if she would fund a new mouse and keyboard and her answer was that I was too rich for her blood.

We left there and got a couple of medium chocolate milkshakes at Sonic and then we headed home. It was smooth sailing up the interstate till we got back to the Valley.

No comments: