Friday, May 13, 2016

Stiff Upper Lip as the Brits Say...

http://flickrhivemind.net/
Sometimes I get discouraged with how my life is going -- not often, but I did today. I got the third degree from my father this morning just asking for a gallon of milk as he was going to the grocery store. I am 44 years old and still having to grovel for a measly $2.77 gallon of milk.

"You just need to better plan your meals and food situation as Helen isn't coming back," my father told me brusquely.

Evoke Auschwitz Mantra...

Then I think, "You know what? You've got a pretty good life so you shouldn't complain."

I have absolutely no control over my father in what he says and does and I should take it all with a grain of salt.

It is also just a matter of perspective. There are millions upon millions of people on this good Earth who would trade places with me in a heartbeat and put up with little setbacks like this morning and the milk fiasco. I am blessed beyond measure.

I kept my composure and told my father that I am going to have to buy more groceries if Helen isn't coming back. I'm not doing anything different than I have for years now. Helen's meal today would feed me two days and then I would have Sunday morning biscuits and Sunday night fried chicken to hold me over till Monday and grocery day.

1 comment: