Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Chuck Wagon that is Also Called a Honda Civic...

http://iowagirleats.com/
"Just what in the hell are you doing?" Charlie asked playfully when I answered the phone.

Thank bejeebus for caller I.D. that I got set up today. My mother was complaining to my father in that I never answer the phone.

"I am waiting on Mrs. Martha to bring my Mexican meal," I told him. "You know. Mom and Mrs. Sandra eat at the Mexican restaurant every Tuesday night. They've been doing that for years and years."

Maggie was standing next to the phone briskly wagging her tail. She wanted to know just what was going on this late in the day.

"What do you get at that restaurant?"

"I always get the chicken fajitas," I replied.

"You know I don't eat pizza, Chinese, or Mexican food," Charlie said stalwartly.

I chuckled at Charlie being so finicky. It reminded me of my brother. Charlie is a soul food kind of guy and that is how Janice, his wife, cooks. Turnip greens, hot sauce, and cornbread? Mrs. Janice has got your back.

"Where are you now?" I asked the Charles Meister.

"I am just passing through Lafayette and will be home in 30 minutes."

http://altonbrown.com/

No comments: