Saturday, October 08, 2016

Saturday's Supper is Served...

http://www.haveheroverfordinner.com/
Tonight was steak night at my parent's house. Dad steamed some asparagus and then drizzled it with a delicious mayonnaise and lemon juice emulsion sauce. We also had filet mignons and yes, my mother still cuts up my meat for me. (Steak purists must have shrieked in horror!) I was glad dad or mom put lots of butter and sour cream on my twice baked potato.

My father was in a rather quiet mood tonight which usually means he has had a few glasses of wine today.

"Oh, I am just enthralled by all the football games," my father reassured me rather sanguinely. "I should say I am preoccupied."

He immediately requested that I tune the television to Alabama's football game when he sat down on my couch. I couldn't smell any wine on his breath and that made me feel a whole helluva lot better. I was determined to drive him home tonight if he had been drinking.

Signs and Clues -- Have You Seen the Signs?

Dad yawned several times he was here. It was contagious and even Ms. Maggie and I were yawning as well. Maggie is asleep on the area rug at my feet. Soon, we will amble on back to the bed and call a day or should I say goodnight?

No comments: