Thursday, October 06, 2016

A Beacon in the Night...

http://www.brandeating.com/
After sunset, when the dark befalls us and the land, A single dog owned by a man named Andrew will take her place on the back of her couch to look out for Mien Charlie or my father -- the highlight of her existence.

I joined Maggie in this endeavor tonight as we both sat on the couch looking out for Papa. The drone of the Weather Channel was on in the background with extensive hurricane coverage. We were both ready for him to get here so we could go to bed early. It has just seemed like an extra long day today -- my eyes burning from lack of sleep.

About nine, I see the distinctive look of the profile of my father's black Honda. The turn signal is on so this is promising and portending to be my father's car. The car slows down.. Maggie's ears prick up as the hears the distinctive sound  of my father's car turning onto our street way down on Gilmer Avenue.

Let's All Rejoice and Be Merry!

Before Egress...

I was telling my father about the D'Giorno frozen pepperoni "pizzeria!" pizza I had for supper tonight. Dad remarked that my house smelled like I had been cooking something good.

"The best frozen pizza I have ever eaten," I told my father without exaggeration.

"Don't tell your mother that or we will have 10 in the freezer downstairs before nightfall tomorrow."

"You look like you have enough cereal this late in the game," my father then replied of the three large bags of frosted flakes on my kitchen counters.

"I even still have 2 1/2 gallons of milk left ," I told my father proudly and smugly to his approval.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you and Maggie ever go for walks like you used to? she seemed to really love that--so did you.