Saturday, October 29, 2016

Oxford, Mississippi Bound? Guess Not...

I just called my father under the auspices that I was inquiring about whether he was going to the football game today. Auburn is playing Ole Miss yet once again for another year. I expected to catch him early and already on the road for an away game.

"I am sitting this one out," my father replied much to my deep disappointment. "I'd have to drive all day getting to and from the game. I am just going to watch the game on the television."

My mother is just going to love watching football all day (sarcasm).

"Your father turns the TV sound up so loud your ears start to ring," my mother told me last night. "Then he screams every time Auburn scores a touchdown."

"Ah drats!"  I selfishly thought to myself. Charlie would be bringing crazy meds and supper at a very early time -- around 4 PM if my father was driving to Mississippi. It would have made for a very nice, enjoyable, and comfortable afternoon. I could relax and let anxiety take a lunch break for a change.

Oh well, at least he won't get mired in traffic such an endeavor would entail. I'd worry about him all day as well. I have my faults, but I am not coldhearted.

What is that you say? Yes, let's go play more of Shining the Holy Ark!

No comments: