Wednesday, October 12, 2016

One Single Solitary Soul...

http://www.nationalreview.com/
A moment ago, at 3:00 am, I was seemingly the only person in Wal-Mart. Well, it looked that way since it was just me and the employees. This is the way to do shopping at Wal-Mart if you have social anxieties or loath long lines, crowds and rude, smelly people.

I spent a long time in electronics (my old hangout spot) dreaming of video games past.  Electronics also keep getting cheaper and cheaper I noticed very acutely on several items. It is amazing to me that you can get a 50-inch LCD television for $300 bucks, and I just have a paltry 27-inch LCD television in my entertainment center and it cost a fortune when it was new.

By the way, a fellow was following me around the store this morning. The guy was with LP or Wal-Mart's loss prevention -- very reminiscent of Barney Fife. I wonder if they let him have only one bullet?

Earlier this morning, I stood up very briskly to see who was in the yard. I was listening to music and accidentally yanked and tore my good Sony headset out of their socket. This means they were ruined. My biggest worry was that I broke my expensive $100 dollar Sound Blaster ZX audio card. Thankfully, it is working fine. My goal was to drive to Wal-Mart and buy new headphones. I got a decent set of Sony headphones and they were only $19.99.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I'm sure being in a store at 3am in the electronics would make security worry..it's aggravating but I guess it's necessary...

Jan said...

Our local Walmart has a grocery service. We can go online and order our complete grocery order, pay for it and pick it up at a time of our choice.

they call us 3o minutes before our designated time to remind us. We are instructed to call them when we are parked in the designated parking spaces. They then bring our order out to us, get our approval (they show us produce or any variance on our order {tnree ten packs of Swiss Miss hot chocolate rather than one pack of 30})and then load it in our car.

I love this...I hate grocery shopping and our super Walmart is huge...so I if you need several things, you could be walking around for 30 minutes or more...

On Saturday, I send my husband, the impulse buyer, to pick up the order. Since we never enter the store...we save money!

Does your wally-world offer this service?

Jan