Thursday, October 20, 2016

He Waits for Darkness to Fall...

http://www.funnyshirts.net/
Maggie and I both  were sitting at the front window looking out for Papa tonight -- two peas in the proverbial pod. The drone of the television was behind us. Pops came pulling up to my curb about 8:30 pm in his unstoppable tanklike Honda CR-V. It was very early for him for such a change. We've been arriving around 9:30ish lately.

"Well, Chuck, let's take your meds and get Mrs. Maggie some food and water. I am then heading home and crashing into my recliner after putting on my pajamas. I have a date with my television and a diet Coke. I also have to work again tomorrow so no late nights for me as I had planned."

My father sighed about having to work and I could sympathize with him.

I was then handed a palm full of crazy meds and I washed them all down with a coy tasting, sweet, and bubbly Sunkist soda.

No comments: