Sunday, October 09, 2016

We Shall Keep Marching On...

There was a knock on the door and I looked up at the alarm clock. Charlie was here early at 8 am. It was just now getting light outside and soon Horsefly's bedtime approached as Horsefly sleeps in the day. Maggie flew off the bed to greet our visitors seemingly knowing that it was our Charlie and friends.

"I've got a very cranky Horsefly and have to hurry this morning," Charlie replied looking flustered. "I am in a rush to get all my deliveries made."

I could see horsefly in the back of Charlie's illuminated car playing with a plush Dora the Explorer doll.

"What do you want for supper tonight?" Charlie then asked.


Every Sunday afternoon or night, Charlie and my father get both our respective families all a fast food meal.This tradition have been going on for years now. It's especially nice for me as it is the day before grocery day and I am subsisting off of crumbs this late in the week. I am down to just some milk and cereal right now. My only "sweet" I have left is some Little Debbie pecan and cinnamon twirls. We are in conservation mode.

"I would love to have Captain D's again," I told Charlie very wishfully.

"Your daddy was talking about getting you, your mother, and him some of those $5 Little Caesar's pizzas."

"That would be awesome Charlie," I said. "I love those pizzas."

The biscuits this morning were some of the better quality McDonald's sausage biscuits I have had in a long time. The biscuits were rich and buttery and freshly prepared. I especially relished the jumbo Coca-Cola without ice Charlie brought me as well. .

No comments: