Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Kitchen is Now Officially Closed...

http://www.snaxtime.com/
That always worried my little brother when my grandmother would tell us the kitchen was closed after supper. She would turn on the dishwasher and then turn off the lights.

"Memaw?" my stymied little brother would have innocently asked. "There is no door to the kitchen."

Ships Are On the Horizon...

Charlie finally arrived after being very late this morning. Maggie and I were on the lookout for him on the couch. I got sincerely worried about Charlie as the clock inched closer to 10 am. He's got a helluva lot on his plate these days with work being stressful and hectic. He also has to keep the Horsefly going as well on top of work. I've always wondered why Charlie's wife doesn't take a more active role when it regards Horsefly. Her whole career was spent helping intellectually disadvantaged children.

"I got some of those mustard packs you like to eat with your sausage biscuits," Charlie then told me as I gave him a hug. "I always forget every time."

I certainly was out of mustard and glad to get those packs.

"Why don't you come in and say hello to Maggie?" I asked Charlie politely. "It would thrill this dog to death."

"I can't," Charlie told me "I'm  in a hurry and still have three more deliveries to do. My sister, Polly, who lives a few streets over from you is next and she will want me to sit and talk awhile."

I ate breakfast at 10:30 am as they played cops and robbers as they always do on the boob tube. Crime never pays unless you are a television network.

It also about broke Maggie's dear little heart when she sat in the den and watched me eat the second of two sausage biscuits. When I was finished, Maggie tucked her tail between her legs and headed for our bedroom looking defeated. Don't worry. She's not starving.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Is the kitchen open now?